Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any errors and inaccuracies in the transcript bellow.
vSphere 6 New Features
- vSphere HA (High Availability) Cluster supports up to 64 hosts
- vSphere FT (Fault Tolerance) supports up to 4 vCPUs
- VM supports up to 128 vCPU/4TB vRAM
- vMotion across vCenters
- Long Distance vMotion (should work up to 100 ms of round trip time)
- VVOLs released
- NFS 4.1 support multipathing and Kerberos Authentication
- Up to 2x increase in concurrent vCenter operations
- 10x faster vCenter operations
- vCenter Server Appliance supports 1,000 ESXi hosts and 10,000 VMs
- vSphere WEB Client 5x faster
- Platform Service Controller (PSC) introduces. SSO and SSL Certification are sub components of PSC.
VSAN 6 New Features
- All flash architecture supported
- Limits increased: 64 hosts, 2000 VMs per host, 32 snapshots per VM, vDisk up to 62 TB
- Rack Awareness (Fault Domains)
- Health Checks
Cloud New Features
- VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO) - very tightly integrated vSphere 6 with Open Stack Cloud Management layer
- Open Stack fully supported by VMware and included in support fees
You can check out VMware Online Announcement recording at http://bcove.me/m0amsphc
List of other What's new blog posts I found very useful ...
- vSphere 6.0 finally announced!
- What’s new in vSphere 6?
- VSPHERE 5 IS DEAD, LONG LIVE VSPHERE 6
- vSphere 6 Features – New Config Maximums, Long Distance vMotion and FT for 4vCPUs
- vSphere 6.0 -Difference between vSphere 5.0, 5.1, 5.5 and vSphere 6.0
Other vExpert's vSphere 6 related blog posts ...
Please, let me know if I missed or misunderstood something important.